1 a request (spoken or written) to participate or be present or take part in something; "an invitation to lunch"; "she threw the invitation away"
2 a tempting allurement; "she was an invitation to trouble"
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act of inviting; solicitation; the requesting of a person's company; as, an invitation to a party, to a dinner, or to visit a friend.
- A document written or printed, or spoken words, conveying the message by which one is invited.
- Allurement; enticement.
- A line that is intentionally left open to encourage the opponent to attack.
act of inviting
- Finnish: kutsu, kutsuminen
- Hungarian: meghívás
document or spoken words conveying the message by which one is invited
- Finnish: kutsu
- Hungarian: meghívó
- Finnish: kutsu, houkutus
- Hungarian: felhívás
fencing: line left open
- "Unicorn" – 3:32
- "History of Times to Come" – 4:16
- "Ravenwing" – 4:30
- "Innocent" – 4:11
- "Wrath of a Warchild" – 4:13
- "Kingdom of the Night" – 2:55
- "Fire & Ice" – 3:26
- "House of My Soul" – 3:32
- "Immortal Disorder" – 3:35
- "Here I Am" – 3:53
- "Emerald Eye" – 4:20
invitation in Japanese: インヴィテイション (ジャコ・パストリアスのアルバム)
invitation in Polish: Invitation
invitation in Finnish: Invitation
advance, agacerie, allure, allurement, appeal, approach, asking price, attraction, attractiveness, bait, beguilement, beguiling, bewitchery, bewitchment, bid, biddance, bidding, blandishment, bribe, cajolery, call, calling, captivation, carrot, charisma, charm, charmingness, come-hither, draw, enchantment, encouragement, engraved invitation, enthrallment, enticement, entrapment, fascination, feeler, fillip, flirtation, forbidden fruit, glamour, incentive, incitement, inducement, interest, inveiglement, invite, lure, magnetism, offer, offering, overture, payment, percentage, persuasive, preliminary approach, presentation, proffer, profit, proposition, provocation, pull, request, reward, seducement, seduction, seductiveness, sex appeal, snaring, stimulation, stimulative, stimulus, submission, suggestion, summons, sweetener, sweetening, tantalization, temptation, tentative approach, whet, winning ways, winsomeness, witchery, wooing